Molly wakes up coughing. She sits up and notices hair on her pillow. She grabs her head and finds a clump of hair released in her hand and begins to sob. She reaches for her phone from the bedside table and dials a number.
Molly
Hello, it's Molly, i'm erm really sorry but i'm not well enough to work today so i'll not be coming in.
Boss
Right Molly, fine, if you miss any more shifts i'll have to let you go, you need to get your act together.
Molly
yes, i know, i'm sorry
Molly throws the phone amongst her quilts and pulls herself from the bed she staggers downstairs but stops half way hearing her mum on the phone. She sits on the step and rests her head against the wall and listens.
Mum
I know Pauline i know, thanks for being here to talk to i'm really struggling. It's hard being positive all the time but i have to be for Mol. I handed my notice in today, i just can't work in this state. I don't know what we're going to do about the bills but me and Kevin will think of something. I feel bad for the other kids too, i feel like i'm not giving them enough attention but what can i do? I just wish this would all end.
(pause)
Yeah, yeah, you're right. Thanks again Pauline, i'm gonna dash to the shop now so i'll see you Sunday, yeah, cya later lovey.
Mum picks up her keys and leaves the house. Molly runs upstairs sobbing, she grabs her pill bottle and empties them into her hand and takes them one by one with her glass of water. She then lays on her bed, puts her earphones in and closes her eyes to pass away.
No comments:
Post a Comment